I am a graduate translator in English and German and am specialised in the field of medical and
I was born in Heerlen in the Netherlands in 1983, but have the British nationality. I grew up in a bilingual environment in Germany and completed two degrees at German universities.
Thanks to my many years of experience, I am very familiar with my clients’ and the authorities’ requirements. By way of example, I have worked extensively with the QRD Templates of the European Medicines Agency (EMA), Swissmedic templates for Swiss documents, MedDRA terminology or the EDQM Standard Terms (Council of Europe).
In my profession, I assume a high level of responsibility, because medical and pharmaceutical translations have a direct impact on patients’ lives.
For this reason, absolute prudence and unconditional precision are particularly important to me.
• Bilingual background in German & English
• International Baccalaureate at the private secondary school Jeanne d'Arc International College, Maastricht (NL)
• Translation studies at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Faculty of Applied Linguistics and Cultural Studies in Germersheim (DE)
• Tourism and Event Management studies at the International School of Management (officially recognised, private university of applied sciences), Dortmund (DE)
• Relevant intercultural experience through numerous stays in European and non-European countries.
I work with the market leaders of professional translation tools, namely SDL Trados Studio 2014 and 2015, and Across v6.3.
Working with translation software ensures a very high level of consistency in my texts, and accelerates the process of translation without compromising the quality.
It allows the translator to integrate customer-specific terminology during the translation process and can also help lower the costs when texts contain frequent repetitions.